3 months ago
Requisition ID: 7417
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Pr Manager, Program Management to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Lead a team of five program managers responsible for the profitability of the Airborne Position, Navigation, and Time Solutions to include Radio Navigation, GPS and Anti-Jam Antenna Electronics. This role is expected to coach / mentor / train program managers to ensure that portfolio executes to planned cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms and conditions of contract. Establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Success is dependent on close coordination with the Rockwell Collins' Airborne Solutions portfolio within Government Systems.
* Responsible for workforce planning and organizational development initiatives: Talent Management; Performance Management; Change Management; Training; Assist in the Integration of Acquisitions.
* Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects: Direct specific phases of programs/projects from inception through completion.
* Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
* Participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
* Assist in the establishment of design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
* Act as a primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
* Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
* Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Direct the work of employees assigned to the program/project from the technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
* Responsible for specific business areas, such as all programs under a customer, or multiple customers under a product line.
* Responsible for the total life cycle value stream.
* Involved in the proposal of new business activities.
* Assist in the interaction with subcontractors and suppliers concerning strategic planning, team agreements, associations, etc.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
DoD acquisition experience
Ability to work out of our Cedar Rapids, IA office
Proven ablity tactfully interfacing with cross-functional teams and external customers
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.