9 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for gifted individuals to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins!
Our Pro Line 4/21 & Fusion Systems team is looking for a highly motivated, technically inclined individual to lead engineering teams in the day to day execution of avionics programs in a highly collaborative environment. The avionics programs will typically involve both product development as well as the application of the finished product on the aircraft and will involve teams from across the company.
The Pro Line 4/21 & Fusion Systems department is focused on developing and applying both Pro Line 4/21 solutions as well as the newer Fusion system. With a focus on the Commercial Systems Business and Regional market, programs may be executed with an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or through a dealer in the Aftermarket segment.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
* Interface with customers and the executing team (both internal and external) during definition, development and installation of avionic systems. Work with Program and Product Managers to ensure customer expectations are translated into an executable project plan.
* Lead and coordinate program level cost estimates during the bid cycle. Coordinate all technical and project execution aspects of bid and proposal activities.
* Manage program technical execution and maintain performance metrics for management review and continuous improvement.
* Effectively manage program-level scope and change management, working closely with other TPMs and Program/Product Managers to ensure alignment.
* Develop and manage the program integrated master schedule (IMS). Ensure the critical path, key dependencies and milestones are effectively managed to ensure project success.
* Review detailed execution plans and schedules of the team/PEs to ensure adequacy, completeness, and harmonization with the IMS. Lead teams to ensure critical dependencies are managed by the team at the appropriate system, subsystem, product and component level.
* Engage in regular collaboration with other Business and Regional Systems TPMs to ensure consistency in project execution and sharing of best practices and lesson learned.
* Actively identify, drive, and lead continuous improvement within the program and organization.
* Lead and coordinate program-level risk management in conjunction with the Program Office.
* Take all possible actions to avoid or minimize problem areas. Anticipate problems and if necessary, proactively revise project plans.
* Act as a primary engineering liaison with Program Management, Production, Contracts, Order Administration, Customer Service, Certification Office, and Service Centers for the schedule and quality aspects of new development and modifications.
* Conduct regular team meetings and Team Performance Reviews. Report overall program engineering performance to plan as appropriate.
* Receive general instructions on day to day work but responsible to plan, schedule, and arrange own activities in accomplishing objectives.
* Aide in development and mentoring of engineering team members.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience with project cost/schedule/performance management using Earned Value (EV) and Microsoft Project, or other similar tool
* Previous experience leading teams in a project development (system, software or hardware) environment
Additional skills a plus:
* Previous experience with project estimating and bidding and project planning
* Previous aviation and/or avionics experience
* Previous experience with aircraft certification
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.