8 days ago
Requisition ID: 8624
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Business Development Project Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Be part of I&SS Service Solutions organization where we are focused in growing both Collins and Non-Collins offerings. Be involved in multiple projects that drives the next growth engine for Service Solutions. Responsible for performing activities related to competitive analysis, market research, market share determination, external product/capability overviews, provides support to the overall RCS pursuit and order capture process.
* Leads the development of market analysis, identifying environmental trends, opportunities and risks. Interprets market trends to identify implications for Rockwell Collins. Develops and presents compelling market analysis presentations for inclusion in decision point reviews, strategic plans or acquisition analyses.
* Continually scans environment for business opportunities and communicates changes as warranted.
* Prepares and presents company profiles on competitors and potential acquisition candidates, including financial analyses. Analyzes competitors' market shares relative to Rockwell Collins.
* Supports acquisition activities as needed
* Supports the development of annual Strategic Business Plan for Business Unit or Shared Service.
* Interfaces directly with Business Unit VP/GM or Shared Services leadership to create Strategic Business Plan document and reviews for executive leadership.
* Participates on special assignments such as market studies in support of decision point reviews, Collins Business Acquisition Process (CBAP) teams, and studies of new growth opportunities.
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of multiple factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would have a serious impact on the organization.
* Normally receives minimal supervision on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
* Work is reviewed upon completion.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
* Strong Aftermarket / services knowledge and experience
* Able to analyze both commercial and government market
* Good understanding of competitive market and customers
* Good presentation skills - able to support Strategic Plan activities
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.