5 days ago
Requisition ID: 9020
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Program Manager - Airborne Solutions to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Airborne Solutions Advanced business is a key catalyst for new business and technology growth. Capitalizing on internal investments and identifying opportunities to leverage emerging customer requirements and science and technology programs to further that business growth is key to our success in the future. To that end, we are seeking a Principal Program Manager to lead the pursuit and execution of multiple advanced science & technology (research and development) programs.
* Provide order capture and program execution expertise for a range of advanced technology development and systems integration and demonstration programs.
* Provide leadership in the areas of planning, organization and coordination of all functional departments necessary to support pursuits and program execution.
* Provide support to the Business Development organization in ensuring pursuit activities are consistent with the overall business strategy
* The individual must exhibit the leadership and communication skills to deliver a product that meets customer expectations.
* In the order capture role, the individual must demonstrate the ability to lead a team in the identification of discriminators and development of strategies in support of the customer’s Most Important Requirements.
* In the program execution role, the individual will be expected to ensure adherence to the program baseline and serve as the primary customer point of contact in communication of program status.
* The position requires demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record of meeting objectives and satisfying customer requirements.
* The individual will maintain responsibility for schedule, performance, cost attainment, sales, and order forecasts and will present proposals, status reports, and customer status through Airborne Solutions management.
* Knowledge and awareness of systems engineering practices, Open systems architecture, advanced technology concepts (model based development, virtual integration, etc)
* Technical acuity in and an understanding of emerging aviation capabilities such as autonomy and machine learning
* Familiarity with the DoD acquisition process (especially S&T efforts) is desired
* Understanding of RC-MAP, RC-IPM and RC-TCP is desired.
* Understanding of Rockwell Collins Pursuit and Order Capture Process is desired.
* Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously
* Successful experience developing working relationships with aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) and/or military organizations, particularly advanced concepts organizations
The individual is expected to operate with the highest level of attention to adherence to Rockwell Collins Standards of Business Conduct. Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status
* Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance-US Citizenship Required
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience
* Proven ability to guide the establishment of the cost, schedule and technical baselines that will facilitate a winning proposal and a successful execution program
* Experience leading cross functional teams in a pursuit, order, and capture process
* Experience with the US DOD acquisition process and new product development
* Proven ability to manage the development of a schedule, work breakdown structure (WBS), Statement of Work (SOW) and other proposal artifacts.
* Experience with formal presentations to 20 or more people, including the generation of the material and presenting it
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.