8 days ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Identifying and implementing continuous Improvement projects in supply chain, with emphasis on opportunities to improve inventory days and dollars.
Leading and/or participating on cross-functional improvement projects related to on-time delivery (OTD), lead time reduction, stock-in rate (SIR) improvement, and various cost reduction initiatives.
1. Project implementations to achieve business results in the areas such as, but not limited to, inventory right-sizing, lead time reduction, OTD and SIR improvement. This position is accountable for the successful implementation change projects as measured by real improvements in customer service, inventory, or cost.
2. Identify fact-based root causes for complex supply chain issues, explain the problem and recommend solutions
3. Support the increased understanding and quality of analysis and problem solving across Supply Chain.
4. Work with IT Center of Excellence to align project goals with SAP capabilities.
TECHNICAL & FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
* Strong analytical skills
* Lean / 6Sigma
* Global Supply Chain knowledge/understanding
* Inventory Planning
* Project Management skills
* Strong SAP knowledge
* Communication skills both written and verbal
Minimum - Bachelors drgree + 5 years experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or related field
Preferred - Master degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Management / 10 years experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.