7 months ago
Requisition ID: 1750
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Software Engineer - Navigation to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is an established as the premier military GPS solutions provider. Hiring talented and motivated software engineers is key to our company's success. We are currently searching for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Surface Navigation and Modernized GPS department in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The candidate will work with customers, engineering management, program management, technical engineering leads and developers for hardware, software and firmware, production, and subcontractors to provide solutions and support for both domestic and international customers. We are seeking individuals with the technical and leadership skills to help enhance navigation solutions for both new and established products and systems. Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
This Principal Software Engineer will be a part of an integrated cross-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing software for future generations of embedded Global Positioning Systems (GPS) receivers. Responsibilities will include architecting, designing, and developing real-time embedded software, creating and reviewing specifications, and integrating and testing prior to product customer delivery.
This position offers abundant opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team environment to develop Modernized GPS receiver products.
Rockwell Collins continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provide enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in the GPS and radio navigation technology, our array of products and systems cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications.
Must Have Requirements:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience in real-time embedded software engineering
* Solid understanding of software development methodologies
* Experience in at least one high-level software language
* The ability to perform in all phases of the software engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, software design, code development, integration and test, and documentation
* Knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of development and test tools and have a willingness to apply a structured process to assignments
* Experience with Information Assurance concepts, secure software development for certification, Real Time Operating Systems, Model based development using Matlab/Simulink, Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Kalman Filter Theory, Python, Subversion, or DO-178
* Technical experience with GPS integration or GPS software development
The candidate should also possess the following capabilities:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Technical aptitude and professionalism
* A genuine desire to learn and innovate
* Strong teamwork skills
* Ability to work independently with occasional support from a mentor
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.