8 days ago
Requisition ID: 8754
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer - Advanced Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Principal Systems Engineer candidate position is for the Advanced Systems team in the Airborne Products and Systems organization. The Advanced Systems team is responsible for supporting the development of key technologies and differentiators required to position Rockwell Collins for both current and future growth opportunities. The ideal candidate understands the competitive landscape and provides direction on strategic technology plans based on the company’s competitive positions. The candidate will serve as technical leader for development and integration activities for highly strategic development project teams. The candidate will also support and/or lead pursuit strategy teams and development of technical proposals. The position will also require the ability to lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers through all phases of the development process, responsible for project management within guidelines provided by the Life Cycle Value Stream Manager (LCVSM).
* Maintain and active interest in study, learning, and continuous self-development
* Support development of system level proposals and participate on pursuit development strategy teams
* Serve as technical leader for highly complex and/or highly strategic development project teams
* Serve as an advocate for development of improved processes, techniques and tools
* Participate on cross-functional, cross-departmental and/or enterprise teams
* Endorse cooperation and teamwork by enlisting others in effective facilitation of team discussions
* Regular collaboration with other GS, Business, and Regional Systems to ensure consistency in project execution and sharing of best practices and lessons learned, actively identifying, driving, and leading continuous improvement within the program and organization.
* Represent engineering at internal and external customer meetings. Serve as liaison between functional discipline groups as well as internal and external customers
* Coordinate all technical and project execution aspects of bid and proposal activities
* Develop and manage the program-level schedule as well as the integrated intermediate level schedule. Ensuring critical path and key dependencies are effectively managed to ensure project success
* Manage program technical execution and maintain performance metrics for management review and continuous improvement
* Effectively manage program-level scope and change management, working closely with LCVSM to ensure alignment
* Interface with customers and the executing team (both internal and external) during definition and implementation of avionic system installations
* Prior project leadership of large multidiscipline engineering teams, and managing customer relationships
* Ability to receive little instruction on day to day work, working under general instructions on new assignments.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and be a team player who strives for a solution.
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience
* ALM, DOORs, ClearQuest, Subversion, and PREP
* Knowledge and experience working with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements: TSO, DO-160, DO254, DO-178B, DO-210, TSO-129, TSO-145
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.