6 months ago
Requisition ID: 6460
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer - Fixed Wing Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The KC-135 Platform Systems team has exciting opportunities for individuals who want to bring technical leadership on complex programs, foster deeper relationships with international and domestic customers, and be a part of an innovative and fast-paced avionics business area.
The Fixed Wing Systems department is a growing department within Government Systems leading avionics programs including cargo aircraft, tanker aircraft, and pushing new frontiers into fixed wing markets.
This position is for a platform level systems engineer responsible for design, development, integration, and verification of avionics solutions incorporating the Rockwell Collins Flight 2 product line. Work in a highly collaborative environment with the ability to learn from and influence multiple programs and domains regularly. Utilize a variety of skills on a regular basis including synthesis of new architectures that meld commercial and military functionality, systems engineering development best practices, debug and test in an integrated lab environment, and providing written and verbal correspondence across multiple international boundaries/management levels/domains.
Discover new opportunities to unleash your talents in a robust and challenging environment.
Responsibilities of this position include:
* Providing direct support to customers to answer questions and solve technical issues
* Work with other team members and domains to maintain and develop requirements and design to satisfy customer and certification needs
* Continually work to maintain compliance with Rockwell Collins standards and best practices
* Provide support to domains for verifying regular software builds in an integrated test environment
* Support formal verification events during major deliveries
* Provide mentorship to other engineers toward helping the team/program succeed
* Continually develop and improve practices and processes related to development and military certification
A successful candidate should have experience working successfully in highly collaborative environments, demonstrate the ability to take ownership of tasks and lead efforts spanning multiple stakeholders, possess exceptional written and oral communications skills, the ability to break down and execute on complex tasks with minimal instructions, and have a keen aptitude for technical work that spans multiple levels of detail.
An ideal candidate will also have significant experience working with avionics, a working knowledge of civil certification such as ARP4754, DO-178, or DO-254, familiarity with the Rockwell Collins Flight 2 products, experience with multiple life-cycle phases, a strong lean mentality, and a passion to build great products.
Must Have Requirements:
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Two plus years of systems engineering experience
* Adaptable to changes in assignments and responsibilities
* Ability to collaborate well across multiple disciplines
* Highly self-motivated and contributing to a positive work environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.