6 months ago
Principal Systems Project Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ and Ottawa Canada
The Retrofits Mods and Upgrades) RMU COE within the ES team of Honeywell Aerospace has an immediate need for a Systems Project Engineers. The RMU Systems Project Engineer achieves the overall STC by planning and execution of the engineering work on these projects, including supporting the definition and review of technical work by subcontractors as applicable. The project engineer and team will identify and implement any updates or modifications, etc, needed for an installation of a product on a new aircraft type. Engineering resources from the SBU E&T group and/or external subcontractors will be used to perform these modifications, as appropriate. The Systems Project Engineer’s focus will be to work closely with Channel Partners and customers to achieve the aircraft certification thereby help field the products.
• Planning all aspects of engineering work scope working with the COE involved if applicable, define and get approval for QEs and finalize plans by creating effective MOS, MAT/EOC demand, IMS etc.
• Executing the project within budget
• Executing the project on schedule
• Providing a high quality product on time
• Coordinating with the appropriate business segment leaders and functional leaders within the group and external organizations like the FAA, PMO, PP&C to ensure proper budget, schedule and technical direction and realistic staffing/budget estimates.
• Reporting on program metrics at Management Operating Review.
• Managing requirements, controlling scope, and executing baseline change management
• Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Work throughout the RMU organization and across the ECOE and multiple sites (both domestic and global).
• Work with ESEA, Advanced Technology, and MPM organizations for coordination of initiatives and roadmaps
• Work the development of common system development processes to improve organizational effectiveness.
• Work with and participate on industry teams, councils, and user groups.
• Demonstrate flexibility to coordinate/communicate with global team members, including support outside of core hours.
o Excellent Leadership and management skills
o Good communication skills (written/presentation)
• Bachelors Degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Minimum 10 years experience with systems development
• Previous program or project leadership experience.
• Strong team building, coaching and communication skills to lead and motivate team in achieving team and individual goals. Applicant should be highly motivated, with demonstrated leadership, program management, and communication skills and an ability to influence technical decisions.
• Strong technical skills with an emphasis in the areas of integrated systems development, DO-178B development processes, systems aspects of certification.
• Able to work in fast paced, dynamic team oriented environment, able to identify and manage risks and opportunities with demonstrated capability to manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously.
• Possess excellent customer interface skills with the ability to work directly with technical and non-technical personnel.
• Technical foresight to assist and contribute to strategic initiatives
• Able to work in a loosely defined environment with limited direction
• Able to negotiate and create Master schedules with the different engineering departments.
• Able to analyze Risks and Opportunities at the program level and mitigate or escalate.
* Job ID: 00349884
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Phoenix, AZ USA