5 months ago
Principal Systems Project Engineer
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The Retrofits Mods and Upgrades (RMU) COE within the Electronics Systems team of Honeywell Aerospace has an immediate need for a Systems Project Engineers (SPE). The RMU Systems Project Engineer achieves the overall Supplementary Type Certificate (STC) for SATCOM products on specific Aircraft by planning and execution of the engineering work on these projects. This includes supporting the definition and review of technical work by subcontractors as applicable. The SPE and team will identify and implement any updates or modifications, needed for an installation of a product on a specific aircraft type to achieve type certification. Engineering resources from the SBU E&T group and/or external subcontractors will be used to perform these modifications, as appropriate. The SPR’s focus will be to work closely with Channel Partners and customers to achieve the aircraft certification thereby help field and deploy the products realize growth and revenue.
* Planning all aspects of engineering work scope with the SBU COE and partner involved.
* Developed Estimates and finalize plans by creating effective MOS, MAT/EOC demand, IMS etc.
* Executing the project within budget and on schedule. Coordinating with the appropriate business segment and functional leaders and external organizations such as the FAA/ESEA, Program Management to ensure proper budget, schedule technical and staffing direction.
* Reporting on program metrics at Management Operating Review.
Managing requirements, controlling scope, and executing baseline change management.
* Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
* Work throughout the RMU organization and multiple sites (domestic and global).
* Work with Advanced Technology, and Marketing and Product Management organizations for coordination of initiatives and product roadmaps.
* Work the development of common system processes to improve organizational effectiveness.
* Work with and participate on industry teams, councils, and user groups.
* Demonstrate flexibility to coordinate/communicate with global team, including support outside of core hours.
* Excellent Leadership and management skills.
* Excellent communication skills (written/presentation).
Prepare and complete action plans
Determine system improvement
Customer-service standards completing audits
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors Degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* Previous program or project leadership experience.
* Strong team building, coaching and communication skills to lead and motivate team in achieving team and individual goals.Applicant should be highly motivated, with demonstrated leadership, program management, and communication skills and an ability to influence technical decisions.
* Strong technical skills with an emphasis in the areas of integrated systems development, DO-178B development processes, systems aspects of certification.
* Able to work in fast paced, dynamic team oriented environment, able to identify and manage risks and opportunities with demonstrated capability to manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously.
* Possess excellent customer interface skills with the ability to work directly with technical and non-technical personnel.
* Technical foresight to assist and contribute to strategic initiatives
* Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
* Able to negotiate and create Master schedules with the different engineering departments.
* Able to analyze Risks and Opportunities at the program level and mitigate or escalate.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
* Continued Professional Development
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD9126
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 400 Maple Grove Road, Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.