7 months ago
Requisition ID: 5483
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Technical Project Manager - Rotary Wing Platform Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rotary Wing Platform Systems Engineering is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager (TPM) as part of a multi-functional organization comprised of system engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers, and engineering support groups. The organizational objective is to successfully design, develop, integrate, qualify, and manufacture avionics products for our customers critical helicopter missions. This is an engineering leadership position with focus on the full lifecycle of rotary wing systems, including concept, development, production, and end of life. Candidates must have an engineering education, with experience serving as a project engineer on design and development programs that have transitioned to manufacturing. Experience with legacy analog avionics products is a plus. The immediate project need is to develop and deploy modified flight controls components as part of the US Coast Guard MH-65E avionics program.
The position will consist of the following:
* Interfacing with customers and the executing team (both internal and external) during definition and implementation of avionics system installations.
* Working with Program and Product Managers to ensure customer expectations are translated into an executable project plan.
* Leading and coordinating program level cost estimates during the bid cycle.
* Coordinating all technical and project execution aspects of bid and proposal activities.
* Managing program technical execution and maintain performance metrics for management review and continuous improvement.
* Effectively managing program-level scope and change management, working closely with other TPMs and LCVSM to ensure alignment.
* Developing and managing the program-level schedule as well as the integrated intermediate level schedule. Ensuring critical path and key dependencies are effectively managed to ensure project successes.
* Reviewing detailed execution plans and schedules of the team/PEs (Project Engineers) to ensure adequacy, completeness, and harmonization with the program level plan and integrated intermediate level schedule. Leading teams to ensure critical dependencies are managed by the team at the appropriate system, subsystem, product, and component level.
* Regular collaboration with Government Systems, Commercial Systems, Operations, Test Equipment, and In Service Support.
Successful Candidate will possess:
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience.
Successful Candidate may possess:
* Experience using Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project)
* Experience a plus: JAMA, ALM, DOORs, ClearQuest, Subversion, and PREP.
* Experience in flight controls hardware development
* Knowledge and experience working with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements a plus: including TSO, DO-160, DO-254, DO-178B.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.