3 months ago
Requisition ID: 9265
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Technical Project Manager - Test and Training Instrumentation Department to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
RC T&TI Engineering
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie "Top Gun", you will love the Test and Training Instrumentation Engineering Department.
Rockwell Collins Test & Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering is responsible for all product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Air Combat Training systems. The Technical Project Manager (TPM) will work in the Government Systems T&TI Engineering Department leading engineers to solve challenges in next generation pilot proficiency training. This team is responsible for providing end to end solutions for 4th and 5th generation fighter test and training solutions, introduction of Live Virtual Constructive (LVC), and developing the next generation of instrumentation.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art Range Products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure solutions for U.S. military communication systems, navigation systems, and networks. We mature products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
The Technical Project Manager will work directly with end users and OEMs in each a prime/tier 1 and a supplier role. Strong leadership, organizational, and project management/earned value management skills are required. A strong candidate will have a deep understanding of systems engineering.
* Interfacing with customers and the executing team (both internal and external) during definition and implementation of avionics systems.
* Working with Program and Product Managers to ensure customer expectations are translated into an executable project plan.
* Leading and coordinating program level cost estimates during the bid cycle.
* Coordinating all technical and project execution aspects of bid and proposal activities.
* Managing program technical execution and maintaining performance metrics for management review and continuous improvement.
* Effectively managing program-level scope and change management, working closely with other TPMs and LCVSMs to ensure alignment.
* Developing and managing the program-level schedule as well as the integrated intermediate level schedule. Ensuring critical path and key dependencies are effectively managed to ensure project success.
* Reviewing detailed execution plans and schedules of the team/PEs (Project Engineers) to ensure adequacy, completeness, and harmonization with the program level plan and integrated intermediate level schedule. Leading teams to ensure critical dependencies are managed by the team at the appropriate system, subsystem, product, and component level.
* Regular collaboration with other GS TPMs to ensure consistency in project execution and sharing of best practices and lessons learned, actively identifying, driving, and leading continuous improvement within the program and organization.
* Leading and coordinating program-level risk management in conjunction with the Program Office.
* Takes all possible actions to avoid or minimize problem areas. Anticipates problems and if necessary, pro-actively revises project plans as permitted by policy and project requirements.
* Primary engineering liaison with Program Management (LCVSM), Production, Contracts, and Business Development for the schedule and quality aspects of new development and modifications.
* Effectively interact with Engineering Management, Engineering Developers, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance.
Candidates must possess the following:
* US Citizenship
* Candidate must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance.
* Bachelor's Degree in an applicable field with appropriate relative experience
* Practical experience in all aspects/phases of pursuit and product and system integration & test
* Previous experience as a Project Engineer and/or CAM
A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Previous experience with bid and proposal efforts, Decision Point process, and SEER tools is a benefit.
* Background and / or knowledge of range test and training systems.
* Background and / or knowledge of digital electronics and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques.
* Background and / or knowledge of data links, end cryptographic units. TSPI modules, and/or cross domain solutions
* Possess strong leadership skills as demonstrated with interpersonal interaction, individual mentoring to develop the team composition, and training.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, while balancing priorities and schedules are important attributes.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.