6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for assisting with the management of the administration, compliance and customer service responsibilities for workers’ compensation, FMLA, short and long term disability plans, absentee control procedures and the management of third party disability and workers’ compensation administrators.
Will be responsible for input on all workers’ compensation decision making, determination on administrative appeals and appeals to court. Responsible for assisting with defending and representing the company on work-related injury/illness cases. This position will be an integral part of our team in evaluating defense strategies for complicated claims decisions.
* Primary contact for the Manager – Workers’ Compensation, Disability Plan and Occupational Health for the administration, compliance and customer service functions related to short term disability, long term disability, FMLA administration and all absentee control and return to work functions.
* Facilitate training and oversight of nurses in all U.S. locations on occupational health requirements, including government-mandated testing, substance abuse cases, return to work issues, OSHA recordkeeping, etc.
* Defend contested work-related cases; provide input to negotiate structured settlements of claims.
* Responsible for compliance matters regarding Company’s workers compensation program; be familiar with compliance with new and revised state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
* Ensure all administrative functions are completed so that claims are appropriately processed, medical payments generated, lost time benefits paid.
* Comply with licensing requirements necessary to maintain self insured status in Ohio, complete all state required filings and ensure timely payment of required premiums and assessments.
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Employment Law with 7-10 years of experience or JD with 5 years experience in a related field.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.