11 days ago
Requisition ID: 8466
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Want to help define the future of Avionics???
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Business Development Manager position to join the Airborne Advanced Programs and Product Line Team. This team works collaboratively to provide marketing, strategic planning and roadmap support to hardware and software product line teams throughout Airborne, as well as the Advanced Programs department, which is chartered to determine “What is the next big thing” for Airborne Solutions business.
If you have creative ideas or great experiences in how Rockwell Collins can:
* Use analytical marketing tools and global data to better understand current and predict future Airborne market trends and needs,
* Use social media to position government and commercial products within the Airborne market while remaining consistent to our corporate branding and vision,
* Leverage Aerospace and Defense Lab/S&T expertise to work with external organizations or consortiums to bring advanced Airborne concepts into production and the market,
Everyday tasks for the team include:
* Development and maintenance of market requirements through interactions with end customers, industry councils and boards, engineering, business development and program management.
* Collection, analysis, and presentation of global business marketing data that can be translated into time-based roadmaps that support internal investments,
* Building powerful networks and leading team projects where you do not have direct control, often times across different international businesses,
* Cost modeling/ Price-to-win exercise inputs for pursuits and new products business cases/ plans, such as pricing strategies for the introduction of stand-alone software applications into a market,
* Competitive/ Teaming intelligence gathering, interpretation and recommendations,
* Creative and clear positioning of emerging RC products/ programs in the marketplace through social media, press releases, and other marketing avenues,
* Identification and development/ management of acquisition strategies for external product development funding.
Success for this position, as a member of the Airborne Product Line and Advanced Programs Team, is measured through exceptional personal contribution to the accomplishment of team goals and tasks. An ideal candidate should be intrinsically motivated to collect large amounts of market and industry data from a diverse set of sources (lots of reading and talking to people), analytically identify relevant patterns and themes for the prediction of successful technologies and services within the market (filter, imagine and connect), and successfully communicate those strategic visions and recommendations such that multiple levels of leadership and industry can easily understand and move forward with (translate and activate).
* Must possess (highly desired) or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Excel working in a cross functional matrixed team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
* Consistently produce superior results, keeping projects on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
* Experience with Agile Strategic Management methodologies
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.