5 months ago
Principle Prognostics Health Mgmt (PHM) Applications Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58451BR Date posted 12/21/City Chula Vista
The Aerostructures division of United Technologies Aerospace Systems is seeking an exceptional candidate to fill the role of Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) Applications Engineer. The PHM Engineer will be responsible for investigating industry-leading diagnostics, prognostics and IoT technologies for commercial aircraft nacelle systems. The candidate will drive implementation of PHM systems for existing and future nacelle products.
- Lead design and deployment of innovative health monitoring solutions to enable predictive maintenance capability, leveraging business unit engineering expertise.
- Develop of state of the art analytics tools & methodologies to enable expansion of health monitoring capability across UTAS business segments.
- Work closely with Aftermarket to support Digital Strategy
The position will be within the Aerostructures R&D group but involve significant collaboration with the Aerostructures Aftermarket Team and other UTAS business units.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the development of PHM algorithms.
- Proven capability in fielding PHM solutions.
- Sensing and data acquisition systems expertise.
- Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measureable benefit to our customer and business.
- Some familiarity with designing products to industry, agency or military standards
- Experience with product development and stage-gated processes.
- Superior oral and written communication, teaming and the demonstrated ability to understand strategic and business implications of proposed solutions.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project and familiarity with ACE tools to drive continuous improvement.
Experience of aerospace structures and systems.
Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Product Development. Continuous Improvement/ACE knowledge.
Education: BS Degree in Engineering with 10+ years of experience in PHM design, integration and analysis.
MS degree in Engineering with 7+ years of experience in PHM design, integration and analysis.
PhD in Engineering with 4+ years of experience in PHM design, integration and analysis.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.