3 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57238BR Date posted 11/22/City Santa Fe Springs
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Process Engineer in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
The Furnace Deck Process Engineer II is responsible for monitoring and improving the furnace SiC, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), and heat treat processes and equipment. This includes taking an active role in improving department safety metrics, implementing ACE initiatives, and improving process quality. This position is also responsible for managing Furnace Deck process and equipment modifications/installs, improving the process control of the Delta V distributed control system (DCS), and ensuring operator processing procedures are accurate.
* Actively monitor key process parameters and take appropriate action when required
* Effectively communicate process health to all stakeholders and escalate issues when needed
* Perform statistical analyses to identify process trends and take corrective actions
* Propose and manage medium sized projects (<$750k) at the moderate to complex level
* Troubleshoot and modify Delta V (DCS) programming to optimize process control
* Ensure Furnace Deck documentation is clear, accurate and compliant (SOP’s, work instructions, engineering forms, etc.)
* Provide production engineering support using MES/ERP systems
* Take an active role in meeting department and site ACE requirements
* Conduct on-the-job training as required for new and existing employees
* Assist operators with equipment troubleshooting
* Ensure all equipment and process modifications are compliant with Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements
* Maintain a high commitment to quality, thoroughness and efficiency in all work aspects
* Observe and follow all quality, environmental, health and safety procedures
* Comply with all other UTAS policies and procedures
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in manufacturing engineering.
* Project management experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of business applications software such as MS Office products and SAP
* Extensive problem solving and analytical skills, Minitab is a plus
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as organizational ability
* Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in the English language.
* Comprehension of complex process and facilities problems, apply creativity and drive towards problem resolution
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Distributed Control System operation experience preferred
* Lean Manufacturing (CI /ACE) experience
* AutoCAD experience
* Experience in the process chemical industry
Education: BS in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical preferred)
MS in Engineering preferred (Chemical, Mechanical preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.