5 months ago
Help move our Engineering Organization forward with Process Improvements!
Moog, a manufacturer of highly precise motion control systems, has grown steadily over the years both organically as well as through acquisition, and is now a two and a half billion dollar, complex company with 14,000 employees globally at over 100 sites.
Process Integrity Project Engineer
* Do you enjoy leading complex, cross-functional, cross-site process improvement initiatives?
* Does the success of implementing and executing standard practices get you excited and give you a sense of accomplishment?
* Do you have a passion for identifying and reducing waste?
* Imagine joining an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
As a Process Integrity Project Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Group you can expect to:
* Work in a global development engineering organization establishing common processes and leading process improvement initiatives.
* Meet and establish working relationships with engineers across the globe, while building on your current knowledge and experience to collaborate and drive the engineering organization forward launching new tools, processes and technology.
* Be part of the core engineering team, at the forefront of guiding the engineering organization to higher process maturity.
Here’s what you’ll work on:
* Develop current state process maps and build future state processes
* Participate in the Engineering Process Group leading initiatives to advance the capabilities and maturity of the global AG engineering organization.
* Conduct process assurance audits to identify opportunities for continued improvement.
Here's what you'll need to be considered for this exciting opportunity:
* BS in an engineering or business field.
* Minimum 5 years of engineering or process improvement experience.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to see processes end-to-end, understanding the inputs and outputs at each step.
* A self-starter, with experience working with cross-organizational and cross-discipline teams
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral, and written communications skills
* Advanced computer skills with experience in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Additional Desired Skills:
* Experience implementing CMMI maturity Level 3 processes
* SharePoint, Subversion, JIRA, and Teamcenter experience
* Experience with process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean, Kaizen, etc.
* Technical training or teaching experience
* Knowledge of development life-cycle processes, with basic understanding of industry standards, such as AS9100D, ARP4754A, DO160, DO178B, and DO-254
Moog’s Aircraft Group has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Military Aircraft Market since the company’s inception in the 1950’s. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. In the 1980’s we led development of flight controls for the B-2, in the 1990’s we developed the flight control system for the X-43 Hyper-X UAV, and today are delivering flight controls for Fighter Aircraft, Rotorcraft, Special Mission, as well as Unmanned Aircraft.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran