8 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 51730BR Date posted 07/28/City Foley
Prepare aircraft components for paint to quality and customer requirements. Job covers all phases of preparation including clean, sand, mask, body filler application and cure of components. Apply prep and paint that lead to a high quality finished product. Document required processes following written and verbal instructions. Mix and apply paint primers, clear coat primers, sealants, cleaners and adhesives according to blueprint specifications, assembly shop orders or production requests. Dispose of hazardous material per regulations. Obtains knowledge and performs spray application on surfaces, primers & paints. Works cooperatively in an active team environment.
Qualifications 0-2 years of experience required
* Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older
* Must read, write, speak and understand English language
* Prior paint or processor experience a plus along with blueprint and/or specification reading skills.
* Good verbal communication and basic math skills required.
* Must pass a Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) Exam. Reference: UTAS EH&S ECCN:EAR99
* Position requires successful completion of Valpar assessment for Painter (However, there is no guarantee of promotion to Painter).
* Must be able to work varying shifts including but not limited to nights, weekends, overtime and rotating shifts.
* Physical Requirements:
* Ability to stand, stoop, bend, climb and lift up to 35 lbs.
* Ability to stand/work on concrete 8 hours plus per day.
* Ability to wear a Supplied Air Respirator suit and filtered fitted respirator for 4+ hours a day is required.
* Must be able to operate an overhead crane, overhead lifter and drive a golf cart as required. Must be able to operate tugger.
* Ability to distinguish color differences and form perceptions
* Work Environment/other job requirements:
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
* Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, etc.
* Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Ability to work under stress, common deadlines and under pressure.
* Ability to follow rules and policies of the company.
* Overhead crane
* Fork lift
* Golf Cart
* Hearing protection, safety glasses w/side shields, protective clothing, arm sleeves, dust mask, latex gloves, and rubber gloves and other gloves as needed.
* Overtime as required
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.