4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope:
Perform shop floor related activities required to transform materials and information into quality anti-friction bearings which meet or exceed customer expectations.
1. Setup and Operations: Ability to change-over and run a variety of production equipment including but not limited to ring rolling, turning, heat treat, grinding and assembly, most of which is computer controlled.
2. Gauging: Basic measurement of bearing geometry using state-of-the-art computer controlled gauging equipment as well as digital calipers, micrometers, metallurgical techniques and dial indicators.
3. Maintenance: Monitor, clean and inspect equipment to prevent problems before they occur, tied with routine maintenance of equipment and troubleshooting problems of minor to moderate complexity. Occasional rebuild of equipment or sub-assemblies.
4. Shop Floor Information: Routine interaction with the information systems employed at the plant, including the interpretation of work queues, process feedback, material replenishment and logging events.
5. Material Handling: Operations of semi-automatic lifting devices, fork trucks, pallet lifts and other custom devices to move or relocate in-process work where needed.
6. Quality through Process Control: Use of process control techniques such as X bar and R charts, histograms, Pareto analysis, etc. to understand the manufacturing process. Emphasis placed on recognition, diagnosis and correction of out-of-control conditions.
7. Customer Focus: Achieve a clear understanding of the customers (internal and external) technical requirements for each order. Responsible for not allowing non-conforming product or information to be processed further without prior notification.
8. Team Participation: Routine involvement with a variety of plant teams focused on continuous improvement. Occasionally serve as facilitator of such teams.
9. Training: Continuously help to develop and upgrade training materials used to train fuure Process Technicians and occasionally assist in training. Continuous self-development of skills and business knowledge and the exercise of both.
10. Climate-controlled environment year-round (air conditioned in summer, heated in winter).
11. Previous manufacturing experience desired, but not required. Successful candidates will receive ample training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.