2 months ago
The Supplier Management (SM) team within the newly formed Boeing Global Services (BGS) has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Procurement Agent to join our team. Boeing delivers the industry’s largest portfolio of commercial aviation support and services. BGS is organized around the way airlines do business, designed to optimize the performance of their airplanes and operations, and backed by the knowledge and experience that only Boeing can provide. Come be a part of a team that manages one of the most dynamic and complex supply chains in the world.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) has multiple Procurement Agent openings across different commodities and locations. Procurement Agents play a pivotal role in managing, integrating and improving Boeing's supply chain.
In this role you will be responsible for and but may not be limited to:
* Contract and project management
* Developing & coordinating procurement solutions to best support customer requirements
* Assessing supplier capability & capacity
* Negotiating & executing supplier contracts
* Managing supplier delivery, quality, cost, and performance
* Optimizing the execution of the supply chain
* Managing supplier performance through collaborative relationships
* Identifying & mitigating supply chain risks
* Pursuing & developing continuous improvement opportunities
* Actively engage with BGS and Enterprise stakeholders
* Participate Cross-Functional Teams
* Participate and document Process Flows/Implementation of Lean Improvements
* Communicate project objectives and activities
* Gather data for supplier performance evaluation and improvement opportunities
* Review planning systems & prepare reports
* Review schedules, create policies for execution of procurement activities
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strong business acumen, written and verbal communication skills as well as adept problem solving ability. Proactive engagement with various disciplines and program stakeholders is required. The ability to identify and integrate leveraging and / or improvement
opportunities into contracting strategies is critical.
Typical education & experience: Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably with a focus in Supply Chain, Business or other related studies.
* At least 3 years of experience working with Supplier Management, Supply Chain or Procurement practices and processes
* Proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
* Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role.
* Experience purchasing IT hardware, software or cloud computing technologies.
* Experience implementing process and/or strategy improvements in dealing with suppliers.
* Ability to be self-directed in work and/or previous experience in a self-directed role.
Employer will NOT sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award