about 1 month ago
Procurement & Supply Chain Intern
The New American Airlines is working to create the greatest airline in the world. American is again strong, profitable and competitive. As we build momentum we are looking for people who want to be part of the vision.
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
The Undergraduate Intern position is a developmental assignment that provides interns with real-time supply chain work projects, leadership development opportunities and a chance to learn about the company and the airline industry. Interns are afforded travel privileges enabling them to connect to the international and domestic destinations that American Airlines serves.
The Procurement & Supply Chain Undergraduate Internship program is being offered during the summer of 2016. It is a structured, eight week program with opportunities to visit and better understand the airline and its unique supply chain, opportunities for mentoring as well as gaining valuable exposure by presenting project(s) to management. You'll learn to apply academic concepts in a real world environment and then take that knowledge back to the classroom.
The undergraduate intern will be assigned to one of the teams within the Corporate Purchasing group at our Fort Worth, TX headquarters. The intern will work alongside full time Commodity Managers and some of the duties may include the following:
- Represent the company in business dealings with internal and external organizations in the various roles of supply chain management
- Effectively develop and promote American's strategic partnerships with suppliers
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) and facilitate the bid process
- Meet and negotiate with suppliers
- Manage contracting process
- Obtain firsthand knowledge of the airline by traveling to various locations and interacting with internal and external stakeholders to understand supply chain's role in day to day business activities
- Procure commodities to meet the expectations of internal stakeholders consistent with the strategic plan
- Assist in development and implementation of commodity and supplier strategies
- Research and develop supply chain maps for products, services and processes
- Review departmental systems, processes and training materials and recommend improvements
American Airlines Procurement & Supply Chain College Recruitment focuses on providing participants with career growth opportunities, including on-the-job training and the ability to move around the department. An ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA incoming senior year college candidate with some completed coursework in Supply Chain
- Leadership potential
- Understanding and use of technical tools for analysis (Excel), problem solving, forecasting and quality improvement
- Skilled in organizational and interpersonal dealings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High ethical standards
- Self- starter with high sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Moderate travel
Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Requisition ID: 11212
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Supply Chain, Intern, Supply, Procurement, Supply Chain Manager, Operations, Entry Level