4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The purpose of this position is to provide the highest level of technical direction/leadership related to bearing manufacturing at the plant level. This position coordinates, reports, and addresses issues with the manufacturing and delivery of complex bearing assemblies. Primary responsibility is the coordination and project management for the manufacturing of complex products in Keene.
* Tracking of orders daily on the shop floor to understand progress and issues (hands on)
* Communication with customers regarding delivery and technical manufacturing issues
* Coordination of supplier, engineering and customer required items (interface with manufacturing)
* Problem solving of technical issues
* Provide daily communication directly with customers, customer service and management for high profile projects
* Interface with all aspects of the Timken organization as well as the customer to address problems and ensure the successful delivery of product
* Provide plant technical expertise for support of the Product Realization Process to ensure success for high profile projects
* Manage and improve plant capability to support customer requirements and continuous improvement efforts
* Manage and improve the plant APQP pre-production planning and launch process for new products to meet or exceed customer requirements
* Act as a product engineering point of contact for the plant
* Thorough understanding of bearing quality requirements and process control techniques desirable
* Direct customer interface skills required
* Strong problem solving required
* Excellent teamwork skills required
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required
* Strong organizational skills including planning and scheduled required
* Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business or Technical required
* Masters in Engineering, Business or Technical preferred
* Project Management, manufacturing and engineering experience required, minimum 7 years, preferred 10 years
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.