9 months ago
Job ID #: 9387
Location: US - Illinois - Waukegan (EMC)
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: EMG - Engineered Medical Components
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Illinois - Waukegan (EMC)
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work: 8:00 - 4:40
The Product Engineer will work with our customers and the Product Line Manager to effectively develop new projects of laser cutting, welding and post-processing with medical devices. This may include studying and recording time, method, and speed involved in production, maintenance, and other operations for such purposes as establishing procedures, improving quality levels, defining standard production rates or improving efficiency. Other duties include the daily review and approval of customer prints for production and engineering orders. The Product Engineer will interact frequently with customers in order to clarify prints, specifications and capabilities. The Product Engineer will frequently transfer knowledge of developed processes to production through procedure writing and training or production personnel.
- A Bachelor of Science degree or Technology degree with an emphasis in Laser Technology or Engineering related fields. Must have a minimum of one (1) year related experience dealing with development of customer projects or laser cutting/welding of metals or laser cutting of tubular products.
- Demonstrate the ability to program and set-up various types of lasers and applicable equipment, which includes all post processing and working across all business units.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing including Microsoft Office applications, managing files and records, and designing forms and procedures, including the effective use of relevant terminology.
- Should demonstrate the background or understanding of print control; including specifications, tolerances and product information on how this relates to prints.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with internal and external customers when developing projects.
- Must be able to handle numerous projects while providing unexcelled levels of customer service (both internally and externally) and meeting deadlines.
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding of protocols used to prove capabilities or validate products. Items like FEMA’s and DOE’s, or (IQ, OQ, PQ’s).
- Should be able to demonstrate the understanding or ability to document processes, write ISO procedures, and effectively transfer the knowledge of processes to production through procedures and training of personnel.
- General knowledge of tooling functionality and the use of tooling during laser cutting or welding would be very helpful. This could include making fixtures, designing tooling, utilizing robust mounting/holding devices for parts which can be utilized for prototype development and low/medium production runs of parts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.