2 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 50589BR Date posted 07/15/City Colorado Springs
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
The 2nd-level Product Engineer provides manufacturing and field service engineering support for specialty seating products within the commercial and military aerospace industry.Responsible for engineering support for both internal and external customers through problem solving, product improvements, cost reduction, small scale design, customer/authority compliance and engineering documentation maintenance.
* Provides experienced sustaining engineering support to aircraft manufactures, airlines and other aftermarket customers.
* Provides experienced engineering support for operations, supply chain, quality, technical publications and program management.
* Updates engineering documentation through Engineering change orders and Document Change notices.
* Supports Material Review Board (MRB) evaluation and disposition.
* Leads teams through problem solving approaches and continuous improvement efforts.
* Directs interface with external customers on engineering issue resolution and product improvement.
* Supports after hours Aircraft On Ground (AOG) airline/OEM requests as experience and knowledge is obtained.
* Ensures quality product utilizing UTAS quality procedures.
* Audits work area for safety compliance.
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
* Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications Experience Required:
* 2 -5 years’ experience within related engineering discipline.
* Experience in aerospace engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
* Experience with aerospace certification and qualification requirements is desired
* 3D CAD experience or training is desired
* Ability to lead project team and drive team towards a common goal.
* Meet the expectations of external customers and meet their requirements.
* Excellent Problem Solving Skills
* Proficient oral and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and work in a high pace environment
* Understanding of commercial and/or military aerospace design protocol is desired
Drive for Results
* Meets deadlines
* Organized and ability prioritize multiple efforts Customer Focus
* Meets expectations of internal and external customers
* Customer is first priority
* Willing to learn and grow technical skills and stay current with technology
* Sufficient skills to prevent errors and ensure accuracy
Education Education Required:
BA/BS engineering degree (ABET-accredited University) (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.