5 months ago
Job ID #: 9791
Location: US - California - San Diego
Functional Area: Marketing
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - California - San Diego
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Travel Percentage: 25
Hours of Work:
The Product Line Manager (PLM) role has full Product level responsibility including and not limited to P&L responsibility at a product level for the Power Product lines at Programmable Power. Overall responsibilities are categories into five main areas:
- Strategic planning and roadmap development
- Defining and executing “Go To Market” strategies new product commercialization
- Focal point to help lead core teams for our new product introduction process
- Lead efforts spearheading market research targeted industry/application trends, competitive analysis and growth industries that can be transformed into strategies for the business
- Drive content with local marketing staff to help promote new products and to create tools enabling ease of use and to expanded knowledgebase.
The PLM is responsible for the concept to end-of life product marketing activities for assigned products and/or product lines. This includes providing competitive analyses, properly positioning and promoting products in the market, defining product features and options, and coordinating, as necessary, product continuous improvement or corrective actions.
Responsibility includes building a team of Product Managers that report into this role. The PLM will help architect the departmental structure, be active in the hiring process, assign and monitor work load and act as coach and mentor as he or she build a bench.
This role requires leading all marketing efforts working cross functionally with sales, engineering and operations to ensure that assigned products are defined and supported in such a manner that customers perceive the value and desirability of the products in the customers’ applications.
• The Product Line Manager works closely with sales, engineering and others to provide definition of new products including technical specifications, competitive analysis, specifics of markets served, expected multi-year sales forecast, return on investment and project justifications.
• The Product Line Manager provides leadership of and participation in the new product development and launch process (NPDL). This includes primary authorship responsibilities for Concept Approval request (CA s) and marketing requirements documents (MRDs).
• The product manager works cross functionally with engineering and operations and operations engineering personnel to achieve MRD defined goals and to ensure a successful launch of the product to the market.
• The Product Line Manager is the architect of the product roadmap for the business. Responsibilities include the definition, creation and execution of his or her defined product area of responsibility. Has an ability to articulate a strategic plan that is logical, appropriate with the given the business climate and is data driven.
• A core capability to this role is commercial touch and business acumen where the productmanager will lead technical and commercial discussions with customers in the appropriate setting as it relates to new product engagement or “voice of the customer” market research.
• The successful candidate should possess significant Program Management skills as it relates to driving new product introduction internally across other departmental disciplines.
• The Product Line Manager provides marketing application support for assigned products. This may include the research and write up of application notes and marketing bulletins as well as participation with field sales personnel to determine cost effective solutions for customer challenges.
• The Product Line Manager has primary responsibility for marketing launch activities for new or updated products. This includes, user manual generation support, ads, sales training, press releases, marketing collateral materials and other activities as defined in the launch plan.
• The Product Line Manager supports departmental market research activities including assignments to become “resident expert” on assigned market segments. This would include market size, primary applications, technical requirements and trends affecting the use of AMETEK Programmable Power products.
• The Product Line Manager has the responsibility to review assigned products pricing relative to margins and competitive products making price change recommendations to support product price list update schedule.
• The Product Line Manager has responsibility to review modified standard product requests for technical and financial feasibility including return on investment criteria. The PM determines if there is a business case based on projected development cost, engineering opportunity costs, sales forecast of such special engineering request.
The ideal candidate for the Product Line Manager position will have the following educational background and experience:
• BSEE (or other relevant technical degree, Electrical degree preferred)
• MBA with marketing emphasis desirable
• Minimum of 7-10 years of technical application, sales or product management experience (programmable DC and AC power supplies preferred)
• Demonstrated supervisory experience in a Technical Marketing capacity
• Strong analytical ability and desire to be data orientated balanced with an ability to draw a conclusion and take action.
• Engineering design experience very helpful
• Excellent writing skills and experience with Windows Office tools
• Articulate verbal presentation skills
• A demonstrated ability to work in a self directed and independent manner, prioritizing work appropriately.
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively in an influential management role.
• Travel 25-30%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
3 months ago
only 9 days until close
3 months ago
only 9 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
12 days ago
only 1 day until close