8 months ago
With the goal of becoming the largest and most successful aerospace and defense services provider in the world, Boeing announced the formation of Boeing Global Services, an integrated services business that will operate as a third company business unit that delivers uncompromising service and high-value solutions.
Boeing Global Services has several outstanding individual contributor opportunities on a high-performing Service & Product Management Team focused across a broad set of commercial and defense-related products and services within the Engineering, Modifications and Maintenance (EMM) organization. These positions can be located in Seattle, WA, St. Louis, MO, Seal Beach, CA, or San Antonio, TX.
The EMM Service & Product Management Team is the primary group within EMM tasked with thinking about growth, and sets the direction for how EMM develops and brings to market competitive, repeatable, and differentiated offerings that are aligned with customer needs.
The EMM Service & Product Management Team has four major functions: Product Planning, Product Management, Product Development, and Go-to-Market Support. Highlights of responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
• The Product Planning team is responsible for performing product market analysis and demand analysis, maintaining product portfolio roadmap, determine buy / build / partner strategy to drive competitiveness, and serve as liaison with verticals (but also EMM programs & other stakeholders) on growth opportunities.
• The Product Management teams (one commercial, one defense) are responsible for life cycle product management, product & service definition & future planning, KPI management & monitoring of EMM services, create / maintain execution plan; manage cost, schedule & quality through IPT technical sales & customer support, and external engagement & market shaping.
• The Product Development team is responsible for driving continuous offering innovation, conducting technology assessments, adjusting offering design based on feedback, defining and planning for technical and resource requirements, and aligning EMM R&D investment portfolio across BGS.
• The Go-to-Market Support team is responsible for go-to-market competitiveness across the EMM offering portfolio, including monitoring effectiveness of RFP / proposal response process and designing solutions to address opportunities for improvement, supporting proposal development (design technical solution, cost inputs, capacity alignment, and resource plan to support proposal activities), and conduct deep-dives at the individual offering level related to proposal support.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
* Bachelor's degree
* Typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience
* Ability to travel to support business and team requirements (approximately 10%-25%)
* Teaming and collaboration skills, and ability to work well with a geographically dispersed cross-functional and matrix team
* Ability to structure ambiguous business data into meaningful, insightful information
* Previous experience building business cases for new concepts and business ideas
* Experience collaborating with finance, strategy, sales, marketing and/or operations (Engineering, Production, Maintenance, etc.).
* Masters degree
* Science, Technology, Engineering, Math degree are strongly preferred
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award