about 1 year ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Are you ready to Shape Your Future and the future of an organization?
This opportunity is for a high-energy Product Manager Professional. If you are a motivated, self-starter who is ready to take the next step into an exciting position…look here.
We offer an excellent base salary along with performance-driven incentive programs.
If you’re ready to leverage your abilities and be rewarded for your success…apply here!
Your Career Begins at TIMKEN
Timken offers challenging work and a wide variety of career opportunities around the world. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your contributions make a difference for industries worldwide. Our customers’ success, along with the company’s future growth, begins with you. Together, we make Timken stronger.
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor auger, is seeking a Product Manager to add to our 400-associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, profit sharing, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
This position will be working out of the Fulton, Illinois office. We are centrally located 2 hours west of Chicago O’Hare and 50 minutes from the Quad Cities – a region of four counties in Northwest Illinois and Southeastern Iowa. The urban core consists of four principle cities: Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa, and Rock Island and Moline in Illinois. These cities are the center of the Quad Cities Metropolitan Area, with a population approaching 500,000 people.
Job Title: Product Manager
Purpose and Scope
Provide overall global leadership for chain and auger products at Timken Drives LLC in Fulton,IL. The primary objective is to drive profitable growth both internationally as well as inside the USA through strategy development and execution. Responsible for development and implementation of the global cradle to grave product strategy and tactics in alignment with front-end unit and market strategy ensuring long-term growth and competitiveness of these product lines. The individual assumes the lead role developing and implementing tactics to achieve targets for sales revenue growth through sales support, new product launches and lifecycle management, pricing strategy, cost and asset management as defined in the product strategy by working with key functional departments (sales, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain management, finance, R&D, etc.) In addition to product management, this role has oversight of the customer service team, pricing and market analysts.
Define the strategy to achieve profitable growth via a product plan incorporating:
· Competitive Benchmarking (Product, footprint, cost structure, price analytics, channels to market, installed base)
· Life Cycle analytics
· Footprint Strategy (interface with manufacturing advancement and supply chain
· Channels to market
· Cross-functional business planning alignment for priority projects
Define tactics and lead cross- functional execution including:
· New product launch definition, technology road mapping, testing, competitive benchmarking, execution and commercialization
· Growth initiatives related to promotion, inventory, structural cost reduction efforts, etc.
· Project timeline management
Manage Quote Process:
· Inquiries, new product review management, market price intelligence, margin management
· Brand management, literature/collateral, value/success stories development globally, manage show staffing/displays, direct management of alignment with Timken corporate
Manage by influence across the organization engaging others in cross-functional business planning and sales tactic execution both inside Timken Drives and Timken Corporation
Manage team of people responsible for customer service, pricing, and marketing analysis
· High level of product, market and application knowledge
· Demonstrated success in defining and launching products
· Results-oriented and strategic-thinking capabilities
· Ability to influence without formal authority
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Spanish as second language preferred
· Expertise in Microsoft Office suite
· Ability to travel
· Participation in business processes requiring product management representation
· Cost reduction and continuous improvement projects on existing products
· New product launches including product development and market introduction. Manage customer service team through SAP preparation and implementation.
· Developing growth strategy to penetrate new markets; identify new processes or product attributes (coatings, material, lubrication) to grow the business.
· Minimum - Bachelor of Engineering, Marketing or equivalent experience
· Preferred - Masters Degree in Business or related field preferred
Previous Job Experiences
Bach or equivalent experience Eng., Sales & Marketing, Chain Industry
· Min. 15 years
· Perf. 20 years
Masters Eng., Sales & Marketing, Chain Industry
· Min. 10 years
· Perf. 15 years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.