Responsible for engineering support to daily manufacturing operations as well as the resolution of complex engineering problems related to vehicle refurbishment and upgrades for the X-37B. Position is located at Kennedy Space Center / Cape Canaveral Florida.
• Operates in close partnership with the engineering, manufacturing and project teams.
• Support creation & update of schedules and coordinate the execution of manufacturing work plans with multiple disciplines including Test, Manufacturing Engineers, Production Control, Planning, and Quality.
• Conduct non-conforming hardware investigations of all vehicle subsystems, utilizing vehicle subsystem engineers and other specialty engineering to determine engineering dispositions that balance cost, schedule, and technical impacts. .
• Present issues and resolution plans to the program Failure Review Board as required.
• Define non-conformance cause & corrective actions.
• Plan and coordinate repair and rework activities along with overall vehicle integration and test.
• Supports Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in design reviews
• Apply lessons-learned to develop and implement serviceability/process improvement initiatives.
• Perform integration assessments and contribute to cost proposals for new business.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
SSBI Pre-Start security clearance is required.
• MRB certification plus
• Experience using computer aided design/engineering (CAD/CAE) tools
• Willingness to work in a spacecraft shop floor environment around workstand platforms while dressed in clean room garments for extended periods of time.
• Excellent communication skills and experience briefing Boeing and customer management
• Experience in spacecraft or aircraft shop floor liaison activities in a multi-disciplinary environment,
• Experience using Unigraphics CAD tool.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.