8 months ago
Requisition ID: 5714
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (“IMS”) is currently searching for a Technical Pre-Sales Specialist to join our team in Annapolis, MD. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
The Technical Pre-Sales Specialist, Messaging and Applications - supports the Networks Programs business unit. The Networks programs group contains a mix of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) services including network as a service for critical infrastructure and ground to ground systems applications & messaging.
The duties associated with the Technical Pre-Sales Specialist position include program management, product solution design and technical presales. It is primarily a customer oriented role and requires travelling to customer sites with Account Reps for presentation and consultation.
This role requires the person to facilitate as the product go-to person and bridge customer technical requirements into commercial products for the sales division in a fast paced, energized environment. This will require the performance of duties under minimum supervision with an ability to apply a broad range of business and financial acumen.
The key responsibilities:
* Solution architecture and design
* Prepare technical solution write ups and white papers
* Aid accounts representatives via pre-sale support and solution presentations
* Conduct implementation project management (coordination for presale handover to factory /engineering group for implementation)
* Conduct service performance reviews / improvements internally and externally
* Coordinate with service support center and engineering during customer outages to prepare customer worthy incident reports
* Lead Messaging & Applications service product development (coordinate primarily with Sales and Engineering Messaging department); Required to work extensively with Messaging Engineering team
* Primary focus on messaging, applications and network services
* Possess six years of IT related experience
* Relational Database concept and design
* Excellent oral and written communication skills for
o Technical Write ups and White papers
* Posses presentation and keynote skills
* Bachelor’s degree in IT or in the absence of a degree six years of IT related experience
* Project Management Certification (PMP or PRINCE2 is a plus)
* Software development & Architecture experience will be a plus
* Microsoft Project (is a plus)
* Project Management (is a plus)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.