4 months ago
Production Associate II- Painter
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58673BR Date posted 01/04/City Wilson
State North Carolina
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Paint parts with required coats using various processes
* Apply paint to components in accordance with prescribed procedures
* Check quality of work and make corrections as necessary
* Accurately read and follow procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
* Retrieve paint from paint storage room.
* Mix paint to specified viscosity
* Mix paints for engineering and research projects
* Clean, assemble/disassemble, and adjust spray guns and tanks
* Wash, wipe and sand parts when necessary.
* Mask, bake, and plug parts as required.
* Load components on and unload components from carts
* Maintain paint inventory records
* Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
* Take ownership for accuracy of processes and understand impact of nonconforming work
* Assist in training other component painters
* Maintain hazardous waste satellite storage areas per code requirements (i.e. funnel closed, drums not leaking, etc.)
* Move hazardous waste drums to hazardous waste storage area
* Must receive annual hazardous materials/waste handling training
* Paint parts that meet drawing specifications
* Comply with applicable elements of quality systems (ACE)
* Meet internal and external customer deadlines as determined by team
* Work successfully in a team environment.
* Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certification as required.
* Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Handle multiple tasks.
* Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements as needed.
* Follow plans for production schedules and quality requirements.
* Understand end use of manufactured products.
* Understand and use computer tools such as SAP and accurately follow work instructions.
* Demonstrate initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
* Achieve special process certification where applicable.
* Train others for technical tasks as needed.
* Demonstrate an active role in problem solving.
* Effectively interact with others.
* Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
* Participate in waste minimization efforts.
* Participate in audits.
* Participate in continuous improvement efforts (ACE).
Maintain materials, equipment, and the work area in a clean and orderly condition
* 3-5 years related experience preferred
* Must have experience in industrial painting and general assembly
* Ability to read, interprets, and follows documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations requiring addition, subtraction, multiplication or division
* Ability to work in a secured and confined environment
* Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
* Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important
* Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceed customer expectations
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
*Education / Certifications
Minimum Education Requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
- FAA Notice: This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.