4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: Production Material Handler
Description: Responsible for the replenishment of materials needed for the production area. Maintains a clean and safe work environment; in all production and storage areas. Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or company management.
Overall Purpose: Ensures that production remains fluid through the replenishment of necessary materials required to complete customer orders.
1. Move parts from storage locations to the production area using an SAP scanner.
2. Move components from the various production lines and restocks with new components as production orders are completed.
3. Communicate with the Production Processor and the Production Supervisor to obtain the daily schedule and all work copies.
4. Maintain the cleanliness of the Return to Stock area, wrapping and labeling partial unused pallets on a daily basis.
5. Maintain organization and cleanliness of spacer and pallet areas.
6. Assist in other areas where needed.
Physical Demands & Frequency: Requires frequent lifting, reaching, handling, fingering and near acuity.
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
2. Must be fork truck certified.
3. Must be able to operate standard forklift, stand up forklift, and hand operated lifts.
4. Must be able to work weekends and overtime (if required).
Qualifications/Training: Candidate shall successfully complete training program and as applicable, qualification requirements, as defined by the responsible functional manager. The ability to set-up and interpret gauge equipment and readings is desired. Basic data entry experience is a plus. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period
Aptitudes: High attention to details and strong organizational skills.
Environmental Conditions: Frequent impact noise, seasonal changes in heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety shoes, and gloves.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.