about 1 month ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The role of Production Supervision will demonstrate leadership in utilizing expertise to solve problems, while developing & executing objectives for yourself & the teams you supervise. The chosen candidate will also demonstrate leadership ability through communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the Flight Support Center, fostering a culture of continuous improvement to meet all safety, quality, delivery, cost, and performance goals.
In addition, in the role of Production Supervision, you will:
* Work closely with the Flight Support Center teams and assist in managing and continuously improving process related to the flow of hardware through the Logistics Flight Support Center
* Drive Lean efforts with a focus on Productivity, Quality & EHS
* Provide ongoing operational leadership and support in managing the day-to-day operations of the Flight Support Center
* Direct process improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
* Manage daily metrics reporting as well as improve existing metrics to drive operational improvements
* Support regulatory compliance and optimization of quality systems procedures relating to product complaint handling, adverse event reporting and product field actions through development, maintenance and improvement of documented processes
* Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
* Responsible for oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees focusing on assigned goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production and compliance
* Practice sound human relations and communications skills in order to engage & motivate the team
* Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practice
* Select, hire, train, develop, and provide ongoing leadership and direction of assigned personnel
* Assess employee training and development needs, the maturity of the team, and adjust leadership style to enhance team performance
* Provide ongoing communication of key business / customer issues
* Motive team to achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
* Provide on-going support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
* Advocate Six Sigma rigors to all functions within the group
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in a manufacturing role)
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing or operations leadership role
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management from an accredited university or college
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Union relations experience
* Prior experience as a process leader and with implementing productivity tools
* Strong team building skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with a drive to succeed operating in a matrixed organization
* Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
* Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing / operations / engineering)
* Six Sigma and / or Lean training or equivalent
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.