The Production Supervisor is responsible for driving the daily production schedule to ensure production staff meets set goals and business metrics. Must comply with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards. This position is also has oversight of the Environmental, Health and Safety function of site, as well as Maintenance and Facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise all personnel and operations on shift.
- Participate in building production schedule based on business and customer needs.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Report any process and equipment problems.
- Verify that discharges from the plant are within limits.
- Train, upgrade, evaluate, and review chemical operators.
- Organize work for smooth operation.
- Assure that established policy, rules, and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping of the area and meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
- Responsible for oversight of maintenance of all machinery.
- Directs major repairs on autoclaves, ovens, presses, etc.
- Serves as chair to Safety Committee and leads safety efforts for the building.
- All other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Commitment to company values and ethics Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities Strong judgment and decision making Management: must possess coaching and development skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds and comply with OSHA standards
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Clearwater
Overtime Status: Exempt