about 1 year ago
B/E Aerospace is the world’s leading manufacturer of aircraft cabin interior products. B/E
Woven Electronics is the premier designer and integrator of interconnect and assembly packaging solutions. We custom designs and manufactures electronic assemblies and components for systems, sub-systems, and test equipment for military and commercial aircraft, surface ship and ground applications. We manufacture a highly specialized, responsive design and manufacturing capability that is dedicated to producing quality, cost effective turn-key products. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Team Leader in our Woven Electronics business located in Simpsonville, SC.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, the Manufacturing Team Leader oversees, monitors, and coordinates production team activities, giving importance to individual members and overall team's achievement of established goals. Person works as part of the production team with responsibilities matching those of the team and or department.
* Responsible for all members of the team: assigns individuals to specific job tasks; ensures team has resources to complete tasks; communicates policies and procedures; motivates team to perform at high levels; maintains a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with procedures and safety regulations.
* Ensures team receives proper training and skill improvement.
* Works as a part of the production team by performing quality control checks, moving product into and out of the work area, and assisting the team with the preparation of product for shipment.
* Ensures quality standards are met.
* Keeps supervisor apprised of team work status; perceives problems/issues as they develop and communicates such to supervisor.
* Prepares documents, production sheets and/or other reports and related paperwork as required.
* May provide input to supervisor with regard to performance of individual team members.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* High School diploma or GED required, Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including the following:
* Proven negotiation skills and the ability to manage multiple suppliers to deliver positive value to the organization.
* Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to lift and/or carry up to 30 lbs.
* Associates or Bachelor degree
* 5 or more years’ Team leader experience in a manufacturing environment
* Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
* Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership.
* Demonstrated ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders; Ability to build strong relationships.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Needs the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs and production data.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.