3 months ago
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future.
Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, expeditionary maintenance, and quick response staffing support.
We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply. We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance.
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
The Program Accountant reports to the Program & G/L Finance Manager and supports the accounting for the Division’s programs. The Program Accountant contributes in ensuring the accurate accounting, reporting, and valuation of the Division’s programs and the related assets and liabilities.
This role also assists in the monthly closing process through preparation of updates to the SAP Revenue Accounting module, journal entries and analyses to validate ending program amounts and balances.
This position requires a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) including revenue recognition for a public company and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Experience with SAP and advanced Excel skills is preferred. This position assists in providing timely analytical analysis of program and Division results. The Program Accountant has frequent interaction with Program Business Managers to assist in the application of Division and Corporate Accounting Policies.
The ability to build positive working relationships across business functions and clearly communicate with the Division’s Business Managers is important to the success of this position.
* Prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries.
* Maintains and reconciles the general ledger accounts in accordance with company procedures
* Gathers and prepares information in support of internal and external audits of the company’s books.
* Prepares and analyzes supplemental financial reports.
* Assist in the monthly balance sheet analytical analysis for program assets and liabilities, including working with Business Managers to identify significant variances and the documentation of the resulting analysis
* Participate in periodic physical inventories of inventoried equipment and reconciliation to the general ledger
* Gathers and prepares information needed for the tax information package submitted to Corporate
* Fixed asset processing and documentation
* Assist with the close meeting process with Controlling and Business Management, including recording action items and following through with action owners to completion
* Special Projects as directed by the Program & G/L Finance Manager
* Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in Accounting with a minimum of 24 credit hours of coursework directly related to Accounting AND at least two years of experience
* CPA license or progress passing the CPA exam preferred
Other Desired Qualifications Include:
* Experience working in Aerospace and Defense/government contract accounting
* Strong analytical skills – Data Analysis, Inventory Controls
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Advanced Excel skills required
* Working knowledge of SAP
**Some travel will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary position 50-60% of the time. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms/hands/fingers to operate, activate, prepare, place, position standard office equipment and technology. The employee may occasionally be required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as needed to perform assigned duties.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of weight in positioning or operating standard office equipment such as loading paper into the fax/copier machine. May Inspect shipping documents on a computer screen for 60-70 % of the work day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is in an air-conditioned/heat ventilated office building.
The employee may be required to visit a shipping or warehouse section of the office building which may have higher or lower temperatures than normal for the office building. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Jul 28, 2017, 6:30:37 PM
6 days ago
only 8 days until close
5 days ago
only 9 days until close