5 months ago
Thank you for your interest in the Program Leader, Cargo Trade Compliance position supporting the Latin America/Caribbean/Mexico Region. The position is based in Mexico City, Mexico.
Delta Air Lines is one of the world's leading international airlines. Our number one focus is to enhance all aspects of each customer's travel experience. Working at Delta you will be central to demonstrating that Delta understands the demands of air travel and is out to make the experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates are responsible for having any work permits or visas necessary to work in Mexico at the time of submitting an application. Delta will not be responsible for identifying the work documentation requirements or for advising the applicant on the steps required for obtaining such documentation.
The Program Leader, Trade Compliance is expected to develop an expertise and become a subject matter expert for trade compliance in their assigned territory/region
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Understand key Import/Export rules for assigned territory and develop programs to ensure Delta meets or exceeds requirements
* Will actively manage all brokers in assigned region and conduct routine audits to ensure Delta's brokers are making correct entries with the appropriate HTS code, while also taking advantage of pertinent FTA (Free-Trade Agreements) and ensuring proper valuation is being assigned in accordance with Delta guidelines
* Take necessary action to onboard new brokers when necessary and ensure proper POA's are in place and document retention policy is followed per audit guidelines
* Manage duty saving programs and utilize any government portals/data systems to facilitate Delta compliance in a given region
* Respond to any requests for support from Delta business units to answer Import/Export compliance related questions, and to provide guidance in accordance with Delta's Global Trade Compliance manual and procedures
* Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for compliance for assigned region
* With the assistance of the outsourced trade desk, ensure required license determinations, ECCN's, and proper HTS classifications are updated and utilized for transactions within assigned territory
* Assist with internal audits, ad-hoc requests, and any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Trade Compliance
* Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in business, operations management, supply chain or related field
* Compliance related certifications and licenses preferred (ex. Licensed Customs Broker, CCS, CES)
* Must be highly motivated, proactive, and have an ability to implement change
* Must demonstrate the ability to influence internal and external organizations to achieve corporate goals, including the ability to influence and manage upward as necessary
* Must be proficient in written and oral communications and be able to produce concise, relevant, strategically driven documents and presentations to senior leaders
* Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required; proven track record of problem solving skills and ability to use analytical tools is required
* Demonstrated experience in managing complex processes within cross-functional teams
* Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner across multiple projects
* Previous experience with trade compliance in a corporate setting preferred
* Must hold a valid passport and be willing to travel
* Must be performing satisfactorily in current position
Qualified Candidates: When applying, please upload an English version of your resume.