5 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
The PMO Business Analyst is the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives. Supports and ensures the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks for our tool set. The role of the PMO Business Analyst is to support the PMO department in the implementation of management tools by analyzing its requirements, coordinating the various stages of the project, and training users. The role also includes the coordination of PMO wide activities such as response to Advance ECRs, fleet wide notices or recalls, coordination of quarter end shipments, tracking of fleet wide corrective actions and any special projects.
* Work with the Director of Programs to ensure that the activities of the PMO support the PMO and organization’s strategic plan
* Actively participate in process project selection activities with Director of Programs
* Manage short-term initiatives and long-term projects, with an emphasis on productivity improvement activities and organizational problem solving
* Develop new processes, both within the PMO and in partnership with other business units, including Engineering, Operations, Sales, Customer Service and Finance
* Represent the PMO on cross-functional system teams and initiatives
* Monitor project status and potential deviations from plans; report these to PMO staff and management
* Conduct analysis related to the effectiveness and performance of the PMO as a business unit
* Work with management to develop the strategic direction of the PMO and the organization as a whole
* Provide guidance and support to business units in the execution of new and existing processes
* Develop and deliver training on new and improved systems
* Liaise with Information Technology to ensure support for existing PMO information systems
* Work to integrate PMO information systems with existing departmental and company data sources
* Lead in the development and maintenance of documentation to support the PMO business systems processes
* Proven ability to apply Project Management tools
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a particular emphasis on project stakeholder management
* Talented at developing solid working relationships with staff across all business units and collaborating with diverse personality types
* Effectively applies the resources at his or her disposal to ensure project success
* Ability to negotiate requirement priorities between stakeholders, facilitate agreement, resolve conflict and communicate all of these across the project.
* Proficient in MS Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint
* Adept in ERP (Visual Manufacturing, ERPLN) and Configuration Management (Teamcenter) software
* Hands-on expertise with relational databases (primarily Microsoft SQL), and data warehouse methodologies/practices
* Proven experience and ability to develop complex SQL queries
* Proficient in program management processes
* Team player attitude with a high sense of urgency to respond to time-sensitive issues
* Accomplished at balancing multiple competing priorities and working effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Strong problem-solving, organization, and data-analysis skills
* Inclination to challenge current models and provide recommendations for improvement with supporting data
* Possesses a continuous improvement mindset
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience. in an Aerospace and/or Manufacturing environment
* Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma in Engineering or Information Technology field.
* Additional education in Business and Project Management is preferred
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam