4 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Customer Support Operations
PROGRAM MANAGER I – Defense Systems Business Program Manager – Req 8667
Broad responsibility and leadership for military development programs and the systems business team. Lead and is accountable for the contract performance of complex programs with multiple customers, both government and commercial, across a variety of Parker market segments and product lines to achieve programmatic business objectives within established schedule and budget. Serve as the customer advocate while assessing unique needs of each client and delivering appropriate solutions. Capacity to foster communication and collaboration across multifunctional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders. Ensure effective program management through adherence to processes, schedule, cost, resources, risk, project change management, and commitments to customers. Must be comfortable briefing internal and external executive leadership on program. Develop and maintain strategic technology roadmap. Identify and win competitive contracts. Negotiate contract price and terms and conditions.
Essential Business Skills:
• Highly effective ability to lead others through influence in a matrixed organization.
• Demonstrated ability to lead change and build unity to achieve program objectives.
• Ability to create, communicate, and deploy strategic vision that will raise customer service levels and achieve organizational objectives
• Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute program activities for optimum results.
• Ensure customer requirements are met and are in the best interests of Parker by creating the program charter, baseline plan, and other program management components.
• Ensure that the program costs and pricing are correct by evaluating resource requirements, and performing risk analyses.
• Establish goals and objectives required to complete programs.
• Responsible for integrated program schedules, data integration, tracking of financial and quality performance, and implementation of corrective actions covering all areas of program responsibility. Addresses critical issues on complex programs and leads the team to develop action plans to improve performance.
• Lead the development of program plans covering mature and new product development programs. Participates in program planning efforts; directs all phases of programs throughout the program lifecycle.
• Serve as the primary point of contact to the program’s customer and is responsible for the negotiation of contract changes related to scope management.
• Organize and lead programs by defining and identifying required expertise; provides feedback on contribution and performance to team members and their direct manager if in a matrix role. Responsible for plans, budgets, staffing, training, and development of direct staff.
• Oversee and approve task planning on programs including resource requirements and effort estimates related to program performance.
• Ensure strong customer relationships by responding to all customer requests and serving as the primary point of contact for assigned program activities, status and problem resolution.
• Serve as key presenter and facilitator at major program and executive reviews. Ensures meeting actions are documented and communicated.
• Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual team skills and capabilities.
• Highly effective in facilitating group dynamics across various audiences and work groups. Persuasive presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough understanding of business systems, financial plans and controls, contractual terms and regulatory requirements.
• Identify and execute continuous improvement using lean methods.
• Travel for customer engagement and program execution.
General Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelors degree (BS/BA) in Engineering, Sciences, Business or a related field; and prior program or significant project management experience. PMP certification required, typically within 6 months of assignment; advanced degree (MS/MBA) and additional certifications (e.g. PgMP, PMI-RMP) preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through ten or more years of related work experience; including four or more years leading multiple projects/programs of varying complexity and scope and direct leadership of teams. Prior cross-functional and business experience preferred.
• Expert knowledge and proficiency with program management processes, methodology, and architecture.
• Ability to effectively demonstrate business skills and lead multiple projects, professional staff, and cross-functional matrixed teams.
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and the marketplace associated with fielded product or service.
• Specialized knowledge of aerospace commercial or military contracting and procurement requirements and understanding of financial and labor cost systems and production processes.
• Proficient in the use of business applications software and the ability to use specialized project management and financial applications.
• Skilled at analyzing and interpreting complex policies, contractual language, and financial reports.
• Ability to respond to and negotiate with customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Skilled at communicating and presenting program information to various levels of management, customers, and/or suppliers.
• Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs.
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems, business application software, and interface operations.
• Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and internal policy requirements related to production control.
• Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and recommend changes to procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
• Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal‐setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.
• Ability to effectively assess, lead, and implement continuous improvement in critical and/or high-impact areas.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID #8667. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.