||Program Manager, Engineering
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:
||SUMMARY: The Program Manager is responsible for establishing, monitoring and leading program activities including statement of work, schedule, budget, resources, procurement, communications, risks, and change management. The Program Manager serves as the focal between the Customer, Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Certification, Finance, Operations, and Senior Management. The Program Manager assures meeting customer requirements, delivering quality product within the specification of the contract on schedule and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
• Develop and maintain positive relationships as the primary contact.
• Establish and maintain Program Management Tools consisting - Program Plan, Data Requirements Matrix, Action Items, Risk Matrix
• Lead and coordinate major program milestone meetings
• Coordinate commercial and proprietary issues with all parties
• Manage resources, quality, communications and program risks.
• Manage and control changes to statement of work, schedule or budget.
• Develop, coordinate and implement solutions to problems.
• Coordinate on-site support and travel.
• Report project status on a regular basis.
• Develop, monitor and report required business metrics for all assigned programs.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Some travel will be required.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, negotiation skills and leadership skills.
• Ability to calculate moderate to complex mathematical functions.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks from multiple projects at one time.
• Proven ability to execute written contractual documents.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, and Power Point
• Ability to understand complex operations from a broad perspective.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Business or Engineering degree or equivalent experience required
• Aerospace experience desired
• PMP certification preferred
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.