10 months ago
Thank you for taking the next step in the REACH Air Medical Services hiring process!
REACH is recruiting for a Program Manager to provide Leadership to our base operations in the Southern California area. This position is responsible for managing the clinical staff as well as the operations at these bases.
REACH Air Medical Services is an EMS helicopter and fixed-wing provider headquartered in Santa Rosa, Ca. and supports operations in California, Oregon and Texas.
REACH operates Agusta A109, Bell 407, Eurocopter EC135 helicopters, as well as King Air B200 airplanes to perform patient transports providing high quality, customer-oriented patient care in a safe and efficient manner. Our Flight Crews respond to scene and inter-facility patient transport requests, specializing in the transport of critically ill and/or injured pediatric patients.
REACH has performed more than 100,000 air ambulance missions throughout the past 27 years.
The REACH Program Manager (PM) provides leadership, support and the resources so that they can deliver customer oriented high quality patient care, in a safe and efficient manner. In every situation the PM does what is right for the patient and staff through the support of company SOP’s and protocols. The PM provides effective problem solving, process improvement, leadership, communication and team building skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
A. Base Leadership:
* Takes responsibility for the overall integrity of the team and team building as well as providing team leadership and guidance.
* Responsible and accountable for the service line business management, goals, expectations and development.
* Responsible for the development of the annual base budget and performa.
* Indirect reporting relationship with the base leadership team (Lead Pilot, Base Mechanic/ Manager, Clinical Educator Manager).
B. Crew Management:
* Direct reporting relationship with the base clinical crew (Flight Nurse, Flight Paramedic) and for base specific operational and service delivery issues.
* Coordinates the hiring of base operations personnel and providing guidance in annual performance evaluations for base staff.
* Provides guidance in crew performance management. Enacts disciplinary actions for clinical personnel according to established policies including counseling, written reprimands, promotions, demotions, and suspensions; makes recommendations concerning terminations.
* Ensures that all base crew-members are in compliance with REACH standards and CAMTS regulations.
C. System and Process Management:
* Responsible and accountable for base Lean and system design.
* Provides crew and system guidance via Administrator on Call (AOC) program.
* Responsible and accountable for team service delivery and team proficiency standards (e.g., Communication and Dispatch, Mission Response, Shift Change, Pre- and Post-flight and Debrief, In-flight Emergency Procedures, LZ Operations and Time Standards).
Quality Management/Continuous Quality Improvement
* Incorporates Lean Learning principles into daily operations when possible.
* As a member of the Service Delivery Team, participates in the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of SOP’s.
* As a member of the Service Delivery Team, participates in the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of a quality management program designed to measure and ensure that the Company is appropriately responsive to its users' needs, and that the patient care delivered is appropriate and effective.
* As a member of the REACH management team, contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of a quality management program designed to measure and ensure personnel satisfaction, customer satisfaction cost-effectiveness of the service, and program safety.
* Produces periodic reports as needed to document and support the effectiveness of the quality management program, clinical, operational and strategic growth aspects of the Company.
* Possesses the ability to compile, analyze, understand, and disseminate information about base operations, area political EMS issues, and growth opportunities. The purpose of this information is to identify issues, and make recommendations (to the Executive Management Team) which will provide operational and strategic growth opportunities for the Company.
* Responsible for customer mapping to understand customer goals and required deliverables.
* Responsible for “customer listening” to understand and gain insight to the customer experience, needs and wants. Manages customer relations to include in-region business development, communication and contract management, and utilizes Salesforce software to manage customer base.
* Maintains government relations within base region.
* Oversees base marketing and public relation needs.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
* Air Medical Experience highly desirable.
* Previous experience as a registered professional nurse, paramedic or respiratory care practitioner is highly desirable.
* One (1) year management or supervisory experience.
* Ability to design, execute and measure an effective business and marketing plan.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Team building skills.
* Basic computer skills (word processor, database).
* Excellent public relations, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and clearly.
* Remains cognizant of local EMS county protocols and requirements.
* Maintains ongoing knowledge of and communicate the importance of SOP’s.
* Ability to empower, organize and motivate a team.
* Remain aware and understand the political environment both internally and externally.
* Ability to work within a strong team environment.
* Anticipates and strives to understand the unique needs of each crewmember, patient and/or customer.
* Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
* Responds quickly, safely and efficiently to problems that arise while providing service and or leadership.
* Demonstrates consistent, clear and courteous communication.
* Is receptive, responsive and realistic.
* Among teammates is supportive, open and vulnerable.
* Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
* Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
* Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
* Dedicated to team success.
* Performs work with high quality and excellence.
* Dependable and delivers on established timelines.
* Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services
* Seeks out and utilizes best practices
* Participates in preparation of the annual base operating, patient transport and capital budgets.
* Responsible for appropriate and measurable financial plan(s).
* Responsible for timely variance analysis and corrections.
* Actively participates in the local service area to effectively market all end users, and to increase appropriate use of REACH transport resources.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
• Involves moderate amount of sitting, speaking and listening; frequently using hands to key to input data and information.
• Requires close and distance visual capabilities.
• Capable of lifting 40 pounds floor to bench height.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Environmental Conditions: Entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
• Constant exposure to moderate business office noise levels such as office machines, conversations, foot traffic
• Some (less than 1/3rd) exposure to loud aircraft noise, moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles, risk of electrical shock.
• Traveling by air or ground may be required.
Work Place Conditions: The Program Manager is physically based at an airport “crew quarters” but will also perform work away from the base, at home and in customer facilities as required. Periodic business travel by automobile and aircraft will be required.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).