12 months ago
Job ID #: 9198
Location: US - Nevada - Carson City
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Nevada - Carson City
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Percentage: 25
Hours of Work: 40
Universal Analyzers produces gas sample extraction, transport and conditioning systems for CEM (Continuous Emissions Monitoring) and process measurement. As part of the AMETEK Thermal Process Management business unit which includes O'Brien we can now coordinate the interface between the sample probe, the heated sample line, the sample gas cooler and the balance of conditioning components so that all required connections are provided in a single package. We can simplify your emissions and process gas sample measurements from the extraction point to the analyzer.
We are looking for a Product Engineer to join our team!
The ideal candidate will:
Understand Electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings
• Have familiarity with sample handling and conditioning methods and suppliers.
• Possess the ability to layout, design, oversee and install electro-mechanical systems while maintaining a good working relationship with engineering product assemblers
• Ability to write effective business correspondence
• Maintain a professional relationship with customers, suppliers and internal employees
• Able to direct and/or produce CAD drawings modifications
• Organize time so that projects are completed on time
• Document design and functionality of engineered projects
• Develop test procedures and product requirements for product validation
• Ability to understand and write code for PLCs, Graphical Interfaces and Industrial Communication
• Able to travel independently and work at customer locations in a variety of extreme weather conditions. Effectively trouble shoot and fix customers’ issues or conduct site surveys.
• Able to work extended hours, when required
• Ability to understand and apply Industry related codes and standards (i.e. NEC, IECEx, 40CFR60)
• Management skills to supervise others
• 4 Year Engineering Degree or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent job experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.