7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55362BR Date posted 10/18/City Jacksonville
The Composites Project Engineer will provide technical support to develop part designs, materials, equipment, and processes for US Navy marine composites and elastomeric fabrication.
* Perform activities in a wide variety of cross-functional areas including design engineering, materials development, process development, and supplier development.
* Independently plans and supports the design and development of advanced composite products in a fast paced and team-oriented environment.
* Interface with shop floor personnel for the purpose of communicating technical, quality, and inspection information and promoting the technical image of UTAS.
* Write process documentation that is understandable for those with limited technical background.
* Will work with all levels within the organization
* Read and interpret drawings.
* Prepares or directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
* Perform Root Cause Analysis
* Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
* Prepare test plans, analyze test data, and prepare reports to support project activity, and maintain up-to-date records of project test results.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Due to products being designed, all candidates must be US citizens and have the ability to obtain US Secret Clearance within 90 days of hire.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical or Materials Engineering, preferably focusing on composites, polymers or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.