7 months ago
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to Spaceflight? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
Our Houston facility has an opening for a project engineering position supporting the ExtraVehicular Activity (EVA) Space Operations Contract. The candidate will successfully manage assigned projects and task through significant milestones to provide technically sound products within program schedule and budget. The candidate will assume primary responsibility for project leadership, execution, and customer contact. The candidate will collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to deliver results and be responsive to internal and external customer needs.
Familiarity with Earned Value Methodology experience is preferred. Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is highly desired. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate is a plus.
Project Engineering works directly with the Program Office and Integrated Product Development Teams (IPTs) to create, control, develop, and execute the engineering aspects of the EVA Space Operations Contract. The Project Engineer will:
* Lead investigations and risk assessment reviews, complete with detailed mitigation plans including funding and staffing.
* Create technical plans with associated schedules and risk mitigation plans which ensure the timely delivery of error-free engineering products, services, and contract deliverable in strict compliance with company policy and procedures.
* Ensure that the requirements of the program’s earned value management system (EVMS) are satisfied through the maintenance of performance metrics against an integrated program master schedule. Included in this activity shall be the institution of an engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), program/project planning targets, completion estimating, and basis of estimate for new activities.
Occasional shift work required to support EVA Mission Operations.
* Experience in Aerospace field is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
* Demonstrated ability in project execution
* Ability to identify efficiencies and cost opportunities through continuous process improvement
* Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills are essential for this position
Must be a U.S. Citizen, must either hold a current US DoD clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance if required, and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering with 2 to 5+ years’ experience or Master's degree in engineering w/ 0 to 2+ years’ experience
* Project Engineering w/2 to 5 years’ of experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.