4 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58228BR Date posted 12/19/City Jacksonville
The Project Engineer will provide technical support to design, analysis, testing, and fabrication of development products and prototypes.
The Project Engineer will have experience in specialized and complex composite, casting, viscoelastic, and machining operations and will work within cross-functional teams to resolve complex issues.
* Perform activities in a wide variety of cross-functional areas including design engineering, materials development, process development, and supplier development.
* Independently plans and supports the design and development of advanced composite products in a fast paced and team-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with all levels within the organization
* Interface with shop floor personnel for the purpose of communicating technical, quality, and inspection information and promoting the technical image of UTAS.
* Ability to write process documentation that is understandable for those with limited technical background.
* Familiarity with ASTM/ANSI test standards.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings including GD&T.
* Prepares or directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
* Must understand fundamentals of Root Cause Analysis
* Performance of the above is on an experienced basis, dealing with technical problems of moderate scope and with minimal supervision while occasionally providing guidance.
* Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
* Prepare test plans, analyze test data, and prepare reports to support project activity, and maintain up-to-date records of project test results.
* Demonstrated ability to make difficult determinations regarding the quality, safety, and compliance of products and materials.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Knowledge of composite structures and casting processes
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Ability to work independently or as part of an integrated product team
* Good project management, organizational and prioritization skills
* 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions
* Strong written and verbal skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Working level knowledge of CAD software
* Ability to read and understand technical manuals, blueprints or drawings
* Working level knowledge of Solid Works or Catia a plus
* Experience in composite Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using Abaqus, NASTRAN, or PATRAN a plus
* Experience in dynamic analysis using LS-DYNA a plus
* Knowledge of underwater acoustics a plus
* Knowledge of viscoelastic materials a plus
* Knowledge of machining a plus
* Working level knowledge of MRP systems (SAP) a plus
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Must be a US citizen.
* Must have the ability to obtain a secret DOD clearance within 6-months of hire.
* Domestic travel up to 15%.
Education: BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or similar technical discipline and at least 5 years related experience, or MS degree and 3 years related experience of which at least 2 years in a relevant Project Engineering position
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.