11 months ago
Project Engineer, Composites
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 36714BR Date posted 10/26/City Jacksonville
Country United States
The Composites Project Engineer will provide technical support to design, analysis, testing, and fabrication of development products and prototypes.
• Perform activities in a wide variety of cross-functional areas including design engineering, materials development, process development, and supplier development.
• Independently plans and supports the design and development of advanced composite products in a fast paced and team-oriented environment.
• Interface with shop floor personnel for the purpose of communicating technical, quality, and inspection information and promoting the technical image of Goodrich.
• Write process documentation that is understandable for those with limited technical background.
• Will work with all levels within the organization
• Read and interpret drawings including GD&T.
• Prepares or directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis
• Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
• Prepare test plans, analyze test data, and prepare reports to support project activity, and maintain up-to-date records of project test results.
• Performance of the above is on an experienced basis, dealing with technical problems of moderate scope and with minimal supervision while occasionally providing guidance.
• Perform other duties as required.
* US citizen and able to obtain US Secret Clearance within 90 days of hire.
* 4-7 years composites engineering design experience with equal amount of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of composites and manufacturing of composites.
* The Project Engineer will have experience as a subject matter expert in specialized and complex composite, casting, viscoelastic, and machining operations and will work within cross-functional teams to resolve complex issues.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical , Aerospace, or Composites with minimum four (4) years' relevant work experience.
Master's Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical , Aerospace, or Composites with minimum two (2) years' relevant work experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.