12 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading helicopter engine manufacturer, with over 72,000 engines produced since the company was founded in 1938. Offering the widest range of turbine engines, the company has 2,500 customers in 155 countries. With 15 sites, 16 repair and overhaul centers, 44 distributors and authorized service centers and 90 field representatives and technicians, Safran Helicopter Engines is established on all continents and provides its customers with local services. Safran Power Units, a subsidiary of Safran Helicopter Engines, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles and target drones as well as auxiliary power units.
Main domain/Job field
Program / Customer Relations - Programs
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Safran Helicopter Engines is seeking accountable project engineer to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. Reporting to Lakota Program Manager, this position will direct and coordinate all phases of design and production through direct supervision of customer requirements and in coordination with supporting organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates between organizations to develop onload/offload plans and integrated schedules using knowledge of production systems (e.g., supply, engineering, manufacturing, support, etc);
- Monitors and ensures compliance with industrial plans, schedules, and reports status to Management and Customers as required;
- Interfaces with multiple organizations, as required, to ensure success of the UH-72A Lakota program;
- Acts as the program focal point for coordination between Safran HE USA and the design and support engineering in France.
- Acts as the primary interface to customers for each project and engineering issues;
- Works directly with the customers and internal departments to ensure all requirements are met;
- Participate in weekly program meetings to understand progress and track actions;
- Supports customer program reviews as required;
- Reviews contracts, pricing, engineering changes, delivery and quality trends;
- Compares contract requirements to proposal and follows-up as required;
- Identifies and communicates impact items and prepares plans to mitigate impact or recover;
- Monitors funding and budgets, preparing rolling forecasts;
- Manages projects from proposal to bottom line profitability;
- Develops and maintains teamwork with all levels of personnel;
- Routine reporting of performance;
- Effectively interfaces with business partners in all areas including customers, key employees, managers, sales, supply chain, and finance and support personnel to achieve strategic goals;
- Motivates and leads staff in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling to ensure that desired results are achieved in day-today operations and in meeting mid-to long term strategic goals;
- Develops and implements LEAN and Six Sigma initiatives. Define and implement changes to improve processes and financial results;
- Coordinates process improvement activities;
- Administers programs to ensure employee safety and compliance with all OSHA requirements;
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- Other duties may be assigned.
Candidate skills & requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate shall be able to work independently using their knowledge/skill to fulfill the job description.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field and 8+ years in production management, Engineering, or Project management or combination of education and experience. Prefers 5+ years of turbine powerplant experience.
- Knowledge of Program Management methodologies and proven ability to manage successful Program and/or Project Teams necessary -
- Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to effectively motivate both internal and external resources to achieve objectives
- Effective negotiating skills -
- Must have the ability to lead cross-functional teams -
- Verbal, technical writing skills and presentation skills required
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
North America, United States, Texas
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 8 years