7 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace's Oak Plaza operations are comprised of the core enabling functions, including: Engineering, Research & Development, Program Management, Product Support, Strategic Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Quality, Finance and Human Resources. Together these functional teams collaborate to help engineer the most innovative and highest quality main cabin economy and premium aircraft seating for various customers around the globe.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Project Engineer in our Seating Products business located in Winston-Salem, NC.
* Work with sales team, engineering project team members, and engineering management to ascertain compliance to the technical specifications, request for proposal (RFP), and statement of work (SOW).
* Work with external customers from airlines, airframe and world class industrial design firms; Often serve as the primary technical point of contact for the customer.
* Coordinate and/or prepare the creation of production drawings and documentation,
* Use computer tools to design seats to meet customer requests; collaborate with cross functional team members to generate details, assembly drawings, models, bills of materials (BOM), and all associated production and development procedures/reports.
* Work with all engineering groups to perform and/or verify engineering testing/ calculations of stress and flow for valve performance and safety margins; complete all relevant documentation for procurement, fabrication, and testing.
* Participate in design reviews by presenting information package, including all typical supplier document requirement list (SDRL).
* Create new seating designs based on proven products and generate modifications to existing designs to satisfy new customer driven requirements.
* Provide design solutions to manufacturing problems and sustaining business.
* Direct building of prototypes and development hardware.
* May be called upon to perform design engineer duties including creation, modification and release of design drawings using CAD software (Unigraphics NX, Solidworks, Pro-E and Catia), validating design content, and verifying structural acceptability of designs.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Three (3) years related experience.
* Experience working with CAD software such as Unigraphics NX, Solidworks, Pro-E, and/or Catia required.
* Experience using and/or willingness to learn Unigraphics required.
* Experience with full product life cycle using 3D modeling in a production environment is required.
* Project leadership experience required.
* Prior experience in the design of mechanical systems for commercial aircraft seating products is a plus.
* Experience designing composite parts from materials processes such as carbon, glass, Kevlar, pre-pregs, compression molding RTM, and/or crush core molding.
* Experience working with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) principles.
* Familiarity with FAA requirements a plus.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.