4 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Lead an Operations team (Manufacturing Engineers, planners, buyers & production) through the New Product Introduction process, by providing them with leadership and guidance in their day to day operations
* Perform presentations and reporting (gate reviews, daily, weekly, monthly program reviews)
* Maintain Operations project status/schedule to overall project plan, including the Master Production Schedule
* Coordination of Manufacturing Engineering’s requirements
* Program material availability
* Understanding cause and effect of changes affecting program schedule, quality and cost
* Drive and maintain quality/cost/schedule
* Compliance with the companies Quality Management System
* Manage and understand contractual flow down requirements (internal and external)
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project
* Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent organizational and planning/project management skills
* Knowledge of MRP system(s)
* Knowledge of a Manufacturing floor; Ability to lead the closure of technical issues
* Dynamic, resourceful and are known for sense of initiative (sense of urgency, innovative, problem solver)
* Ability to challenge the status quo and provide recommendation with supporting data
* Excellent functional skills of Project Management tools
Experience & Education Requirements
* University degree in Engineering or college diploma in Engineering Technology
* Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a project management capacity
* PMP Certification is an asset
* Must have a well rounded project management background with experience in a high tech environment
* Intimate knowledge of current and advanced Manufacturing processes and technologies such as: MRPII, Kanban, and JIT
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam