5 months ago
Summary: The Analytics Leader, Operations Analysis & Performance (OAP), provides quantitative and strategic insights to Delta leadership spanning all areas of the organization. Analyses are often adhoc, requiring creativity and advanced data skills to measure the impact of various initiatives upon operational and customer service metrics. The role supports airport customer experience, involving routine interaction with airport leadership and frontline employees. Projects require collaboration with other operational workgroups (e.g., Inflight Service, TechOps, and baggage), Marketing, Corporate Real Estate, Customer Insights, Revenue Management, Alliances, and Network Planning.
As an example, you may be asked to measure the impact of new airport boarding processes. This may involve examining the effects by airport terminal, gate, aircraft load factor, aircraft size, destination, or customer type. Success may result in faster boarding, on-time departure, quicker aircraft turns, and improved customer satisfaction according to internal or external surveys. Your work will identify process improvements and support the use of cutting-edge technologies to enhance the passenger experience.
The OAP Analytics Leader will:
- Identify opportunities and subsequently lead start-to-finish development and continuous improvement processes of new reports, analyses and analytical models
- Lead complex process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives
- Effectively utilize other team members to complete projects and achieve objectives
- Interface with business unit leaders to develop and maintain internal customer relationships
- Frequently present findings to senior OAP and business unit leaders with minimal Manager input
- Mentor and coach co-ops and entry-level OAP individual contributors
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, Business/Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics or other relevant quantitative field required and 5+ years of experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or other relevant quantitative field OR Master's degree and 3+ years relevant experience required. Previous airline experience preferred but not required. Track record of seeking leadership roles including student and community organizations preferred. Must be comfortable working in group and individual settings and routinely presenting to leaders.
Successful candidates will have an advanced level of understanding and experience with:
- SAS, SQL, or other database interface tools and languages
- Statistical analysis and modeling including Linear Regression, Segmentation, and non-linear predictive (e.g. Logistic) regression
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Strong candidates within the Delta organization will also:
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple projects with critical timelines and high visibility
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently