5 months ago
Project Management Intern
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57485BR Date posted 12/01/City Chula Vista
Job Description UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of ~$14 billion.
The Aerostructures business unit, headquartered in Chula Vista, Calif., is one of eight business units within UTC Aerospace Systems. With a global network of facilities, Aerostructures is a world leader in the design, development, production, integration and support of jet engine nacelle systems for commercial aircraft.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we take great pride in creating career opportunities for our employees, and we provide them with the tools, training and support they need to achieve their goals.
Currently, the Aerostructures business unit is seeking a Project Management Intern for its Chula Vista, CA location.
The focus will be on general support of A350-1000 new development program activities.
* Manage project schedules, action item lists, and status reports in support of:
* Hardware manufacturing in support of customer schedule
* Cost reduction projects
* Produce improvement projects
* Configuration management – data entry and tracking of information necessary to adequately monitor hardware configuration
* Support of Standard Factory activities, a checklist of activities ensuring all aspects of the program are being executed
* Support Visual Management – updates, analysis, posting
* Kaizen & Lean Event documentation
* Review & Validation of Standard Work
* Support program initiatives to improve processes and tools to effectively manage the program
* Updating Excel data & files – data entry, tracking of information
-Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
-Minimum completion of at least 30 credit hours
-Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
-Must hold a minimum 3.0 GPA
**Spring 2018 interns are ineligible for internships
Must be working towards a 4-year degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.